Thursday, March 7, 2019

Having Compassion on the Lost at Moore Baptist Temple in Moore, Oklahoma

We just finished a great week in the 2019 Faith Promise Missions Conference for Moore Baptist Temple. Their theme was from Jude 22 on "Having Compassion and Making a Difference." This church has been led by Pastor Sven Larson for the past 11 years. He is doing a great job at reaching their area for Christ. 

Pastor Sven Larson
On Sunday morning I taught the teen Sunday school class for Brother Nathaniel Means. He is also their youth pastor and song leader. He is doing a fantastic job with their teen department. They have a good group of young people that have a great spirit for the Lord. I believe God will use this man in a special way to influence these young lives. 

Bro. Nathaniel Means
I also preached the morning service to help kickoff of the conference. It was a privilege to be able to do so and God seemed to bless the service and the invitation as hearts were stirred and people came forward. On Sunday night Brother Cormier, a veteran missionary to Kenya, preached a great message. Many folks made decisions... Praise God!

The Cormier family playing a special
Then on Monday night, I presented our mission to Thailand by giving testimony and showing our video. I then preached the evening message and many were stirred for missions as the altars filled up at the invitation time.

Preaching Monday Evening
On Tuesday morning we went soul winning. Since it was 15 degrees the pastor took us to a shopping mall in the area in order to get inside out of the cold. While in the mall I met Tony who runs a shop. He is from Vietnam and is a Catholic, but he told me his wife is a Baptist. I was able to sit down with Tony and present the Gospel to him. He listened very closely to me. However, Tony believes that all religions are good and as long as one follows the principles of that religion he will make it to Heaven. He needs to have more follow up with the Gospel. Please pray for Tony to come to Christ! My wife was able to lead a clerk to Christ who works at the Payless Shoe store. Her name is Whitley and she is supposed to come to church. Praise the Lord!

Tony in his shop
On Tuesday evening Brother Cormier preached again. We enjoyed the special music all week long as this church has many talented musicians and singers. Including the pastor himself who plays the organ. The pastor's family also sang a special one night. There were also several good specials sung by the teenagers throughout the conference. 
Pastor's family singing special
Pastor Larson playing organ
While I was here I saw Brother Ben Craighead whom I had previously met at Heritage Baptist Church in Lawrence, Kansas. He was a student there when I attended their missions conference. Now he is working as the assistant pastor here at Moore Baptist Temple. He is a sharp young man that will be greatly used of the Lord some day.
Brother Ben Craighead
On Wednesday evening I again preached the message to close out the conference. I preached on "Setting Sail with Missions." It seemed to go well and I believe many hearts were stirred as the altars filled up. I am praying that their commitments go well as they will turn them in by this coming Sunday evening. If it goes well we will be able to form a partnership with this church! Our next meetings will be in Texas and Louisiana. 

Preaching  Wednesday Evening 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment