Wednesday, March 20, 2019

"Is There Not A Cause" in Joaquin, Texas

Pastor Stewart Lowe
We attended the missions conference at Friendship Baptist Church in Joaquin, Texas. Their theme was "Is There Not a Cause?" This church has been led by Pastor Stewart Lowe for the last 21 years. They have a great big heart for missions and missionaries. In fact they are hoping to raise over $40,000 for missions this next year!
Pastor Lowe
While traveling to Joaquin on Saturday we stopped at Gospel Light Baptist Church in Mt. Pleasant, Texas. It is a new church plant that is led by Pastor John Yow. My wife and I with our two daughters joined the pastor and his wife in knocking doors for several hours. The pastor did an excellent job leading a man named Trayvon to Christ who is supposed to come and visit church in the next several weeks. I was also able to lead a young Spanish girl to Christ. Please pray for these converts as Pastor Yow follows up on them. Pastor Yow is working hard to reach this area for Christ, please pray for their success.
Pastor John Yow
On Sunday morning I taught the adult Sunday school class and gave a little of my testimony at Friendship Baptist Church. Evangelist Monty Martin, who is the guest speaker for the Faith Promise Missions Conference, preached the morning service. He did an excellent job preaching the theme through David and Goliath building each sermon off of the other one each night.

Teaching Sunday school
Evangelist Monty Martin
On Monday evening the pastor had my daughters sing a special which everyone seemed to enjoy. The pastor also had me present my ministry to Thailand. Folks seemed stirred at my video which is a good thing. Obviously the eye effects the heart!
My daughters singing a special
It was a blessing that evening to see some of the members from Central Baptist Church in Center, Texas come to the service. Central Baptist Church is led by Pastor Danny Dodson and is one of our partnering churches. Mrs. Tammy Hagler, one of the bus captains at Central Baptist, brought a lady named Kee with her. Kee is from Chin State in Burma and I was able to meet her last November in Center while out bus calling for Central Baptist Church. I was actually able to lead her son to Christ last November and he rides on Mrs. Hagler's Sunday school bus. Kee seemed very stirred to see the images of Thailand and told me and my wife at the hand shaking time that the need is great there because they worship the Buddha so strongly!
Kee with our family after the service
After the service Kee asked us if we could visit her friend in Center on Tuesday. Kee said she is concerned about her friends need for Christ. I told her we would be glad to go with her to visit her friend and talk to her about her eternity. 
Sese Win
On Tuesday afternoon we went with Kee to visit her friend Sese Win. She was born in Thailand and is from Shan descent, which are typically strong Buddhist people. However, Sese told my wife that she had to become a Christian in order to marry her husband, so she had to get baptized. (This is something I have found to be typical with some of these foreign pastors... these forced conversions that aren't conversions at all. Of course, you don't become a Christian by merely switching "religions" or by being baptized but by truly trusting Christ.) Sese went to public high school here in America and speaks excellent English. My wife took her through the plan of salvation and when she asked Sese if she would like to trust Christ as her Saviour she grabbed my wife's hand and began to weep saying yes. She then told my wife that Satan has had his power on her life, even though she gave up Buddhism, she needs the power of God to break Satan's stronghold on her heart. She then bowed her head and trusted Christ as her Saviour! Praise the Lord!

Then I asked Sese if her mom spoke English, she told me not too much. I asked her if her mom was Buddhist. She said yes, but she doesn't really practice it much. I asked her if she would translate for me to talk to her. Sese said we can ask her if she would listen... her mom agreed to sit down through a Gospel presentation. Her mom's name is May Kyi and she is originally from Shan State in Burma but fled to Thailand while under persecution. 
May Kyi with her daughter translating the Gospel
To witness to her I used the picture book that is so helpful with explaining the Bible verses for someone of a Buddhist background. She listened very intently as her daughter translated in Burmese. I was glad she choose to translate Burmese instead of Shan, because I understand some of the Burmese language. After completion of the presentation I went back over a few key points to make sure she understood them and then asked her if she thought Buddha could save her, she said no. I then asked if she believed Jesus Christ could save her, she said yes. She then bowed her head and trusted Christ as her Saviour! The mom and daughter along with Kee were all so happy. They started praising God. I congratulated her in the Burmese language and told her God bless you in Burmese as well.
Sese Win

Kyaw San

On Tuesday evening of the conference Sese came. It was a blessing to have her come to the service. It was also a blessing for Kee's husband Kyaw San to attend as well. Kyaw (pronounced Jaw) is already saved and sometimes attends services at Central Baptist Church in Center with his wife. The service was good Tuesday evening with Brother Dorr a missionary to Mexico presenting his work. Evangelist Martin preached a great message and the church collected up their Faith Promise commitments. The church took us on for support during this conference, which of course is a tremendous blessing for us!

Eh Kaw before baptism
This past Sunday at Lincoln Baptist Church, Eh Kaw came back to church. I had won him to Christ and brought him the Sunday before and he told me he wanted his wife to come and see him get baptized. Well, I was not there of course, but I was told that Eh Kaw came forward on his own and wanted to follow the Lord in believer's baptism even though his wife did not come. Praise the Lord for His obedience. Please pray for his wife who I believe is resisting God. Also pray for him as he grows in Christ.

We are heading today to Livingston, LA for a meeting tonight at Fundamental Baptist Church and then onto North Carolina on Thursday. A special thank you to Pastor Lowe and Friendship Baptist Church for allowing us to come to their conference and forming a partnership with us. Also, a special thank you to Pastor Dodson and Central Baptist Church for allowing us to stay in their newly remodeled prophets chambers. Very nice quarters!     

No comments:

Post a Comment