Tuesday, March 26, 2019

From Livingston, LA to Greensboro, NC

We traveled on Wednesday from Center, Texas to Livingston, Louisiana to be with Fundamental Baptist Church. This church is led by Pastor Rusty Silvertooth. He has been doing a wonderful job having led the church into building a new and bigger auditorium about 5 years ago. Their property and facilities are absolutely beautiful and very large. I was very impressed!

 

We had dinner with the church before the service. Every Wednesday they feed a meal for a fundraiser for their teenagers. This meal is prepared by Mrs. Silvertooth and two ladies who help her. Then when the evening service started the pastor had me present our ministry to Thailand. Then a family came up and sang a special being a blessing to everyone.


After the special I preached the evening message. Hearts seemed stirred as I turned over the invitation to the pastor. After the service we spent a lot of time talking to a lot of the church folks who had many questions about Thailand and what we intend to do over there. It was a blessing to fellowship with these folks.



The next morning we began the process of traveling to Greensboro, North Carolina to Cornerstone Baptist Church for a missions conference.  Pastor Bill Davis has been leading this church for 17 years. We met Saturday morning to go soul winning. He took me to a neighborhood that had a large Vietnamese population. In fact, I was able to sit down and lead a Vietnamese lady and her children to Christ. Her name is Chuch Hua and she has lived in America for 12 years. She wasn't able to come to church because she had another obligation, but hopefully she will be able to come next week.

Pastor Bill Davis
On Sunday morning Pastor Davis had me teach a combined Sunday school of the younger kids. My wife and I both spent time telling them about Thailand and what a missionary does. Brother Fred Hudolin oversaw this... he is also the church song leader and did a wonderful job all week with the music.  

Bro. Fred Hudolin 
The pastor then had me preach the morning service. I had a great time preaching on missions and getting to see people respond during the invitation toward making Faith Promise commitments.

Preaching morning message
Then Sunday evening the pastor had me present my mission video to Thailand and then preach a short message. Dr. Mike Cox then preached a great message after me. He was their guest speaker. It was an honor to get to be with Brother Cox for the third missions conference now. He is a great man of God who has much knowledge of missions. My wife and I both enjoy visiting with him and his wife. They are a blessing!

Dr. Mike Cox
After the service the church voted to take us on for monthly support. We are very happy to have a new partner for souls in Thailand. We attended the Monday evening service and heard Dr. Cox preach another really good message. Then on Tuesday we headed toward our next meeting. The missions conference continues through Wednesday night. We will be at Trinity Baptist Church in Mocksville on Wednesday night.

Pastor Davis after evening service





  


No comments:

Post a Comment