Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Quick Turn Around and We Are in Colorado

Pastor Michael Young

Assistant Pastor Ken Marlow

After coming back from Texas around 1 a.m. last Friday morning, I knew we would only have about a day at home before heading out Saturday to Colorado. We even went out and did a little visiting and soul winning Saturday morning at our home church before hitting the road. (More about that in a moment.) We headed to Sterling, Colorado to be with the Calvary Baptist Church for a missions emphasis Sunday. I was honored to get to know Pastor Michael Young and his wife. He has faithfully served at this church since the year 2000. We attended his Sunday school class and enjoyed meeting many of his adult class members and telling them about Thailand. I then preached the morning service on missions. We fellowshipped with the Pastor and his brother in the afternoon and then I presented the great need for the lost souls of Thailand in their Sunday evening Bible class. I also finished off the day by preaching on missions giving in the evening service. God blessed as many came forward at the invitation.

While there we met Brother Ken Marlow, the assistant pastor at this church since 1976. He even built much of the building back in 1976 when he first came. I praise God when I meet faithful men like this serving in the background. It is men like this that make the pastor's job so much easier. Every pastor needs a faithful man standing behind him!

Aung Tag
We went out visiting on Saturday morning with our home church since we were in town. I love to go out because the area around our church is so much like Thailand that it helps encourage me as I keep going on this long deputation trail. I enjoy visiting churches in America, but cannot wait to get to Thailand! While out I met Aung Tag who lived in Thailand for many years. He use to be a Buddhist, but became a Christian, so he said.... however, he didn't know how he would get to Heaven. So I asked him how he became a Christian? He said he got baptized in a church. I was able to take the Bible and explain to him very thoroughly how one becomes a Christian. He said he had never asked Christ to save him, but thought that he was doing that when he got baptized. So he said he realized his need for Christ and bowed his head and asked the Saviour to save him. Glory! He had to work on Sunday, but sent his daughter on our church bus on Sunday. We will be in Boone, Colorado next weekend, please pray for us as we travel.    

No comments:

Post a Comment