Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Finishing Up a Good Colorado Tour

Pastor Dexter Guin
I have been in Colorado for the month of July and this past week I was finishing my tour through there before heading to Oklahoma. I was at Woodmen Road Baptist Church this past weekend with Pastor Dexter Guin. On Saturday we went out door knocking with their bus route and I was able to lead a Spanish lady to Christ named Debbie who is planning to visit the church in the next few weeks. While knocking the Bus Captain came and got me and asked to speak with a Vietnamese lady. She was Buddhist and had a spirit house inside of her apartment. (A spirit house is where the protective spirit of a home is supposed to live and they often leave food sacrifices/offerings there to appease the spirit and keep the spirit happy.) I was able to witness to the lady but her English was limited. I was able to give a Vietnamese tract that I keep in my pocket from my home church. 

Then on Sunday I taught Pastor Guin's Sunday school class and then presented our ministry in the morning service and preached. God blessed as many hearts seem stirred for the mission. Then Sunday evening I preached at Grace Baptist Church in Pueblo, CO for Pastor Casey Ballard. I have previously presented at Pastor Ballard's church, but we are always glad to be a blessing.

Dr. Bob Bowen
During the mid week we didn't have a meeting, so my wife and I flew very cheaply with our frequent flyer miles to Chicago to attend Missions University at First Baptist Church of Hammond. It was a blessing for us to learn some things from veteran missionaries as my wife and I soaked up much information and took a notebook full of notes. While there we saw Dr. Bob Bowen a veteran missionary who use to be my former missions director at Longview Baptist Temple. He seems to have recovered from having neck surgery a few months ago and is getting ready to back surgery in a just a few weeks. Please pray for him. Please pray for us as we are travelling and working hard to get our support raised! Also, one quick praise is that while in Colorado I was having transmission problems with my Nissan. I got the transmission flushed and it seems to have taken care of the shifting problems. Praise the Lord!

I want to give a special note of thanks to Pastor Steve Johnson and his wife for allowing us to stay in their home for several weeks while we were visiting different churches in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment