Thursday, October 5, 2017

Adventurous Trip to Grand Junction

The trip from Delta to Grand Junction ended up being an adventurous one, I will tell more about that in a moment. I wanted to say what a great meeting we had Wednesday night at the Gospel Way Baptist Church with Pastor Chris Hanks. I was able to present the Indochina Ministry to their church that night and then I went to speak to the Master Club group. Very good group of young people. I also enjoyed listening to Pastor Hanks preach an excellent message out of 1 Samuel 17. A special thanks to the church for the all the wonderful things they provided us while we were there.

Now I want to mention about our trip there. My daughters asked several times if we could go out of our way a little bit and drive over the Grand Mesa on our way to Grand Junction. So I decided to do it and figured I would just take highway 65 over. Only problem is I got distracted with a phone call and made a wrong turn off of the highway on another nice paved road. The only problem is the road didn't stay paved and eventually didn't stay nice either. I have posted a picture of the road while it was still considered a road and not a cattle path. We got to a point when there was no turning around anymore and it became apparent that I would be in trouble if we got stuck or slide off, both of which almost happened. We continued to go higher and higher and there was little road and much melting snow and a lot of mud. I was driving a Mercury Milan that is low to the ground and the vehicle almost got high centered several times. As we continued to go we encountered large steep hills that were muddy and snow packed. If we slide to one side it is a ditch that will severely damage our car and if I slide off the other side it is a cliff going into a lake. Our phone service went out and at one point while going up I began to ask the Lord for a push. Praise God he gave me one and we finally made it over. We prayed and my wife and daughters were no longer having fun, we just wanted off of this mountain now. We did make it to Road 121 and then eventually back to highway 65. We were thankful for the safety the road gave us and were glad to be in Grand Junction. Thank you for your continued prayers for our safety, especially when the danger comes of our own stupidity. Ha,ha, ha....

No comments:

Post a Comment