Thursday, September 28, 2017

From Long Beach to Longmont

We flew back last Monday from Long Beach, California and the next morning drove from Lincoln to Longmont, Colorado to the Hopewell Baptist Church. We were able to catch the last two nights of their missions conference. Pastor Seulean and the church were great hosts and we enjoyed the preaching from their keynote speaker, Pastor Darryl Reeves. He preached some inspiring messages.
Pastor and Mrs. Seulean 
On Wednesday morning I went out soul winning in the town. It was raining and I was having a difficult time finding people to witness to in the rain. Then I received a text on my phone stopped to read it. I responded to the text and then looked up to see a man on his porch. I approached him with a Gospel tract in my hand and said good morning sir. He said, "That depends on who you are and what you want." I felt like this might go nowhere, but then I proceeded to introduce myself and hand him a Gospel tract. He responded in a favorable manner and I was able to lead him to Christ ten minutes later. His name was Dan and he thanked me many times for talking to him.

Pastor Reeves and myself
While I was doing this, my wife was witnessing to the clerk at the hotel we were staying in. Her name was Kyong Bok and she is originally from South Korea. Turns out that she had actually gotten saved at a Baptist church in Georgia before. We wife was glad that she was saved. I was glad that my wife was taking advantage of an opportunity to talk about the Saviour!

Kyong Bok and my wife

No comments:

Post a Comment