Saturday, July 22, 2017

Two Great Midweek Meetings

Masoka and Peter with Pastor McCurdy
This week I had a meeting rescheduled for the upcoming Wednesday, so I decided that I would stop by Cedar Rapids, IA and take a family to church with me that are from of our church in Lincoln. This family is in the process of moving to Cedar Rapids and part of the family already moved several weeks ago. I knew of the Gospel Light Baptist Church in that area and we already had a connection with a family in that church that use to be members of our church about 9 or 10 years ago. So we got the pastor's number and contacted him. After telling him what we were going to do, he decided to have me preach and present our ministry. It was tremendous blessing to us and we were glad to take Masoka and her son Peter to visit the church. They were made to feel very welcome by everyone there.  

Then we traveled to our Thursday night meeting in Berne, IN at the Faith Baptist Church. Brother Travis Combest is the pastor there and we were made to feel very welcome. I had a chance to give my presentation and preach to his people. It is a fine church. They have a new pastor coming next month as Brother Combest will be moving to Texas. God blessed our stay as we received a tour of the Popcorn Farm the next morning which is where we stayed overnight. It truly was a great week and we ended up having three saved for the week.
Myself with Pastor Combest son

No comments:

Post a Comment