Monday, July 29, 2019

Wrapping Things Up in the Northwest

Preaching Wednesday Night
On Wednesday night we presented our mission at the Berean Baptist Church in South Hill. This church is led by Pastor Bob Reno. Pastor Reno was at junior camp this Wednesday, but I did get the opportunity to drop in the Sunday night before and meet him and spend some time in fellowship with him. The church has beautiful facilities and a great group of friendly people. I also preached the evening message and hearts seemed stirred at the invitation time. God is truly blessing this missions minded church.

Pastor Joel Byram
Then on Saturday we went to Kent to go soul winning with Open Door Baptist Church. This church was started by Pastor Joel Byram in 1997. They have a very culturally diverse church and are starting churches on mission fields on the other side of the world. What a fantastic vision they have for reaching the world!

My girls and Tira out soul winning
While out door knocking I met a Spanish lady that was loading a bounce house into the back of a vehicle. After talking with her, I discovered that her and her husband have a business renting things for birthday parties out. I invited her to church and began to talk to her about eternity. She said she was not sure if she would go to Heaven or not. I presented the Gospel to her from my New Testament. Her husband came out from behind the house and asked what I was showing, so I explained to him what we were talking about. I then took him through the same plan of salvation and both the husband and the wife bowed their heads and asked Christ to save them. Praise God! This was truly a divine appointment as these folks were just here picking up their equipment. They live almost an hour away. 
Jerrse Wang and Na Ny Sar
On Sunday morning I met a married couple staying across the hall from our hotel room that come from Thailand. Their names were Jerrse Wang and Na Ny Sar, they are Rawang. (That is a people group that comes from Burma.) I gave them a tract and witnessed to them a little bit. The wife didn't speak much English, but the husband spoke great English. (The wife is actually still living in Chiang Mai, Thailand. They are recently married and she has not gotten her visa yet.) They were on a vacation trip out here to see Mt. Rainier and the husband actually lives in Fort Worth, Texas. I got his phone number and will actually be in his area the end of August. I told him I would call him so we could sit down and go over the Scriptures more closely. Please be praying that he will get saved!
Teaching Sunday School
On Sunday morning I gave my testimony in Sunday school and taught a lesson. Then the pastor preached the morning service. Then at the invitation time a lady named Kenya who thought she was saved already came forward to make sure of her salvation. My wife was able to lead her to Christ and give her assurance of salvation. She is getting ready to take a trip out of town, but then wants to be baptized after she returns. Praise the Lord for His conviction on lost sinners.
Kenya after trusting Christ
Sunday night I presented more of our mission and showed another video. Then Pastor Byram preached a great message. We enjoyed visiting with many of the church folks after the service. Please pray for this church as they are doing great things in the way of missions. (Nine of them just returned from Africa.) Also, please pray for us as we will now journey toward Ohio for our next series of meetings. We thank the Lord for the month we spent out here. We already had one church from a meeting out here contact us and tell us that they are going to start partnering with us in August. (Liberty Baptist Church in Tacoma.) That is the third church we picked up this month as we had two others from previous meetings in different parts of the country pick us up. One church was from a meeting over a year ago. Glory!!! We rejoice that we are getting closer to our goal!    

No comments:

Post a Comment