Monday, July 22, 2019

More Great Meetings Just Outside of the Tacoma Area

Pastor Terry Minge
On Wednesday night we went to Bethel Baptist Church in Spanaway, Washington. This church is led by Pastor Terry Minge who is doing a great job. They have beautiful facilities and the people were extremely friendly. This church is very international because of the heavy military influence in the community and the church. 

Preaching the evening message
I was able to give testimony and preach the evening message. Hearts seemed stirred as the invitation began and many people came by our table after the service. It was a blessing to talk missions with the people of the church. Especially since many in the church had been to Thailand at one time in their life through the military, some even having spouses from Thailand.

Bro. Nichols running Saturday meeting
On Saturday we attended the soul winning / bus meeting. It was a blessing to listen to Brother Jerry Faulkner preach the morning message. I had just listened to him the week before at a men's meeting at Liberty Baptist Church in Tacoma. He did another fantastic job stirring hearts before we go out with the gospel!

Dennis after getting saved
My family and I went out with a group of four men door knocking at a residential neighborhood not too far from the church. While going door to door my daughter Debbie and I met Dennis who was working in his garage. I visited with him for several minutes telling him how beautiful his home and yard is, to which he thanked me and told me that he works very hard on it. We got around to discussing his eternity. He told me about a community church in the area that he faithfully attends with his family. (Some of the men from Bethel told me later that it is a Gospel preaching church.) He also told me that he thinks he might go to Heaven, but his reasons all revolved around good works. I asked him if I could show him from the Bible how to go to Heaven. He was very willing to listen. I started by showing him from several Scriptures that it is not good works and then I showed him the Romans Road map to Heaven through Jesus Christ. He almost had tears in his eyes as he bowed his head and asked Christ to save him with his voice cracking. Praise God!!! I showed him eternal security before I left and he thanked me multiple times for helping him to clarifying about his Salvation. He told me that I was able to make it crystal clear for him! I say to God be the Glory and thank God for Jesus Christ and His precious Word which shows us the way!

Faith Baptist Church
Sunday we traveled to Ashford, Washington which sits at the feet of Mt. Rainier. Here we attended Faith Baptist Church which is beautifully nestled along the highway just outside of the town. This was a church plant from Faith Baptist Church of Tacoma and was started in 2005 by Pastor Joe Koehler.

Pastor Joe Koehler
    Pastor Koehler had me present our ministry during the Sunday hour and teach a lesson. Then he had me preach the morning message as well. God blessed as their seemed to be a good crowd on hand for the service with a couple of visitors. Several seemed touched by the morning message, thank the Lord for the working of the Holy Spirit. Pastor Koehler is doing a good job in reaching this area. They are building relationships in this rural community and they also ministering to thousands of tourist coming through each year.

Preaching the Morning Service
Sunday evening I did not have an actual scheduled meeting at any church, so we attended the evening service at Berean Baptist Church in South Hill. This church is led by Pastor Bob Reno and is a great church. I will be presenting there Wednesday night, but I had previously found out that the pastor will be gone Wednesday. So we attended in order to have a chance to meet the pastor. We were very glad that we did. The service was a blessing as there was a missionary to India presenting. Afterwards we went to dinner with the pastor and the other missionary couple. It was a blessing to fellowship with Pastor Reno and we look forward to spending more time with the church folks on Wednesday evening.    

No comments:

Post a Comment