Monday, April 9, 2018

Catching Up with Old Friends




Pastor Erickson and family
This past Sunday night we were able to catch up with old friends in New Jersey... more about that in a moment. First we started out the weekend with Pastor Sergio Ali in Bay Shore, New York. He is the pastor of Iglesia Bautista Fundamental de Bay Shore. I preached the bus meeting Saturday morning and then went out bus calling with their bus director Brother Carlos Ventura. He is an excellent soul winner as I saw him win several people to Christ throughout the day. Our family also had several make decisions to trust Christ as their Saviour. 

I preached a special service on Saturday evening where I got to present our ministry too. Then on Sunday morning I taught the teen boys during Sunday school and my wife taught the teen girls before I preached their morning service. We also saw one follow the Lord in believer's baptism. Pastor Ali has done a fantastic job these past 25 years since he started this church.

Then Sunday afternoon we drove to Galloway, NJ to attend Jersey Shore Baptist Church. It is pastored by one of my old Bible college friends; Pastor Phil Erickson. He was one of my good friends when I attend Texas Baptist College. It was good seeing him and also Brother Ted Stahl who is his song leader. Brother Stahl also attended Texas Baptist College. 

Pastor Erickson is doing a great job with the church and came here about the same time I started the church in Lincoln. I was able to present our ministry and preach a message. Afterwards I had the opportunity to visit with a young man from Cambodia and his girlfriend who is from Hong Kong. I have a real heart for Asian people and always enjoy getting a chance to visit with them when I can. These young folks aren't members of his church but occasional visitors here. Please pray for both of these churches as they are striving to reach very needy areas for Christ!  


Pastor Ali and his wife


Brother Ventura

No comments:

Post a Comment