Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Great Meeting in Mt. Vernon, Kentucky

Pastor Mark Eaton
We traveled to Mt. Vernon, Kentucky to be with Central Baptist Church. This church has been led by Pastor Mark Eaton since 2006. On Saturday we went out soul winning in the morning time. We actually knocked doors in a nearby town called Brodhead that was about 15 minutes from the church. My wife went with one of my daughters and I took the other one with me. The very first door I knocked on I met a man named Lewis who was very friendly. After some friendly conversation I asked him if he knew he would go to Heaven when his life here on earth was over. He told me he definitely did not. He allowed me to take my New Testament and show him the map to Heaven from God's Word. When I finished, I asked him if he would like to trust Christ as His Saviour, he bowed his head and asked Christ to save him. He told me that he had something else he had to do the next day, but definitely wanted to come the following Sunday. When I told the pastor about him, the pastor told me that he knew him and had taken him through the plan of salvation before, but the man didn't want to ask Christ to save him at that time. One plants, another waters, eventually the harvest will come...
Lewis after trusting Christ
My wife took a lady through the plan of salvation, but she didn't want to trust Christ as her Saviour. Then I met a different lady later in the morning and she allowed me to present the plan of salvation. She was from a Church of Christ background but had been out of church for many years. I spent a lot of time teaching her against good works for salvation and baptismal regeneration. She also bowed her head and trust Christ as her Saviour. Praise the Lord!
Pastor Eaton playing instrument
On Sunday I taught the auditorium class and it went well. During the morning service the pastor had me give testimony. After some special music he preached a very good morning message on being thankful. He was going to be heading on a missions trip to Mexico the next day, so he was getting some Thanksgiving preaching in... pray for him and Brother Allen Johnson a missionary from their church who was taking the trip with him. They have a Bearing Precious Seed Ministry out of their church and the Lord is using them to help get scriptures to different parts of the world.
Special by the young people
On Sunday night the pastor had me present our mission and video. Then after the verse memorization time and the special music by the young people. I preached the evening message. The pastor told me after the service that he liked my message and that they would add me to a list to be supported in the future. Please pray for us as we journey to our next meeting.
Preaching the evening service

No comments:

Post a Comment