Friday, November 22, 2019

Another Meeting in Alabama After All

After my last post about the missions conference in Athens, Alabama I said I was heading to Kentucky for my next meeting. Well, my next meeting wasn't until Friday so I was just heading to Kentucky to find a church to drop into Wednesday night. In fact I had actually been calling people as late as last Saturday to try to get a meeting somewhere for Wednesday night, but was turned down or no response. I prayed about it and left it in the Lord's hands. 
Pastor Logan (left) and Bro. Gibson (middle)
On Monday I decided to stay in Athens one extra day before heading to Kentucky. On Monday evening we stopped into the Publix store there in Athens to pick up a few items and while we were in the store a man came up to us and asked what church we go to? I told him we go to a lot of different churches.... he smiled and said are you missionaries? I told him yes, we were missionaries to Thailand. He introduced himself as Brother Mike Gibson the assistant pastor at Sweet Springs Baptist Church in Ardmore, Alabama. We visited for a while and he asked me if I had ever contacted their church. I told him that I thought I had talked to Pastor Brent Logan last year and he told me that he would file my information and look it over later. Then I told Brother Gibson that maybe I should drop into your church Wednesday night because I don't have a meeting. Brother Gibson told me they already have a missionary scheduled to come in. So, I figured there wouldn't be much point in me dropping in. I gave him a prayer card and we chatted some, then when we separated he told me that he would take my card to Pastor Logan and maybe he would have us in sometime later.
Pastor Brent Logan
On Tuesday we headed toward Kentucky and in the afternoon I got a call from Brother Gibson telling me that Pastor Logan wanted us to come and present the work Wednesday evening. We came back and did so. It was a blessing to be with the church and well worth returning for the privilege. Pastor Brent Logan has been the pastor here for three years and before that he started a church in South Carolina and was a missionary in Romania and Greece. The church is very missions minded and stands strong on the King James Bible. They actually had two other missionaries there that night, but the other two are already supported by the church, and they were just reporting. The pastor and his assistant felt this was of God running into me at the store like that and I believe it was too. In fact Brother Gibson said he doesn't ever shop at Publix, he was just there to get a Turkey.... It also shows that dressing like a Christian pays off in many ways, because that is why Brother Gibson stopped us. When you don't look like the rest of the world, people notice! We will be with Faith Baptist Church in Richmond, Kentucky tonight for the start of their missions conference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment