Sunday, September 29, 2019

Indianapolis to Rogers City, Michigan

Pastor John Ray
On Wednesday we were at Southeast Baptist Tabernacle in Indianapolis. This church has been led by Pastor John Ray since 1991. I presented during their morning service that they have for their senior citizens and second shift workers. The folks enjoyed our video and my testimony. Then after the service we handed out prayer cards and visited with several folks about the great need in Thailand. Then in the evening service I presented again to the adults and then went and presented to the teen group and preached the evening message to them. Hearts seemed stirred and many teens had questions about the mission field. The teenagers are led by Brother Andrew Solarek who is the Youth Pastor and seems to have a great connect with these young people. 
Brother Andrew Solarek
Then we traveled to Rogers City, Michigan for a weekend meeting at Rogers City Baptist Church in Rogers City. This church has been led by Pastor David Rogers for the past 15 years. We enjoyed getting to meet the people at an afternoon activity at the pastor's house. Many folks came out and the pastor had an old fashioned cider press and made apple cider for everyone. It reminded me of the great fun we would have at our church activities back when I was the pastor in Lincoln.
Pastor David Rogers
Pastor Rogers working the press
On Sunday I and my wife both gave testimonies and we showed our video and then taught the morning lesson to several adult classes and to the teenagers in a combined class setting. Pastor Rogers preached the morning service and afterwards we gave out prayer cards and visited with many folks. That afternoon we went to the nursing home with the pastor and he asked me to preach. Before the service I had a chance to give out a couple of tracts in the hallway and invite some of the residents to the service. One man I even tried to witness to but he wasn't very open to me presenting the Gospel. I then preached the nursing home service and was encouraging the people about praising God and then I also preached the plan of salvation and gave an invitation afterwards. 
The Nursing Home
Then in the evening service Pastor Rogers called us up to answer questions about our ministry and Thailand. Then he had me preach the evening message. I preached and many after the service told me that they enjoyed the message. I had an opportunity to witness to a man after the service, but I was unable to convince him that he was lost. Overall we really enjoyed the spirit of the church folks. Please pray for them as they will be emphasizing missions for the next month. I will be sending out my monthly update letter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment