Thursday, September 5, 2019

Christian Men's Shoot 2019


Christian Men's Shoot 2019
This past Saturday I was asked to speak at the 6th annual Christian Men's Shoot at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Winnemucca, Nevada. Pastor Doug Mondt has been at this church for 19 years and holds an annual men's shooting contest every Labor Day weekend. They compete in five different competitions and there are multiple churches that come out for this every year. I even did a little shooting myself in a couple of events.

Skeet Shoot Competition
After lunch time I preached a devotional message to challenge men to be the kind of Christian that they should be. Then I preached the Gospel and gave an invitation. One man named James raised his hand testifying that he was unsure about his salvation. I visited with James after the service and he told me that he has been in and out of church over the years. He also told me that he has made a profession of accepting Christ before, but he doesn't think that he would go to Heaven. I addressed several issues with James including that good works have nothing to do with salvation and then I explained to him that I was not visiting with him just to try to get him to pray a prayer, but that I wanted him to make his own decision about whether he wanted to trust Christ as his Saviour and be 100% sure about his salvation. He told me that he already knew he was unsure about his salvation before I preached... but after listening to me preach he felt like I wouldn't try to force anything on him and that I would help him, so he raised his hand. He then told me he wanted to trust Christ and he bowed his head and asked Christ to save him. To God be the glory for using a sinner like me to help someone else come to Christ!
Pastor Mondt giving instructions
On Sunday we attended Sunday morning services. Pastor Mondt taught Sunday school and preached a wonderful Sunday morning message on what is not for sell! Sunday evening I presented our ministry and preached the evening message. We enjoyed our time here this weekend. They had wonderful special music and the church is getting ready to expand their Sunday school program. May the Lord richly bless this church as they continue to reach this unique area with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Pastor Mondt and his wife are originally from Nebraska... I knew they were good folks!!!!
Pastor Doug Mondt
On Wednesday evening we went to Victory Baptist Church in Fallon, Nevada. This church is led by Pastor Steven Miller, who was out of town this evening, which I knew ahead of time that he would be gone. Pastor Miller has been the pastor here since 2015 after many years as a missionary in Mexico. He has done a good job as the church is clearly a very missions minded church and we enjoyed presenting the work to them and visiting with them about Thailand. My daughters sang a special and then I preached the evening message. God blessed as many came up to me after words telling me how much they enjoyed it! Please pray for us to have a good meeting with Lighthouse Baptist Church in Reno this coming weekend. We are looking forward to spending the weekend with them for their Great Commission/Faith Promise emphasis Sunday!

My daughters singing

Preaching the evening message

No comments:

Post a Comment