Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Meetings Back to Back in Indiana

Assistant Pastor Ethan Donoho
I left Colorado Springs and traveled to Indiana for a pair of back to back meetings. I was at Roanoke Baptist Church in Roanoke, Indiana on Wednesday night. Pastor Mike Tarr is the pastor of this church, but he was out of town. So one of his assistant pastor's Brother Donoho hosted us and was in charge of the service that night. It was my first time as this church and I was pleasantly surprised about what a great ministry they have going out in this rural area of Indiana. I was able to present our ministry and preach the evening message. The folks responded very well during the invitation time. We also enjoyed visiting with many folks after the service. Pastor Tarr has done a wonderful job here as well as Brother Bachman (pastor emeritus) before him. 

Pastor Ryan Marsh
The next night we were at Faith Baptist Church in Berne, Indiana. They have their mid week service on Thursday night. This church actually took us on for a partnership two months before I came. However, it was an honor to be with Pastor Marsh who is doing a fantastic job at the church. I had actually dropped in for a service last March and they have significantly increased their attendance since I was last there. I went ahead and presented our ministry and preached the evening service here too. God really blessed and hearts seemed stirred! 

On Friday my wife went to the Dry Goods store in town and witnessed to an Amish lady working there at the store. My wife took her through the whole plan of salvation, but she claimed she had already done that. Berne has a large Amish population, so the need is great for these people to be reached.

Then on Saturday morning we went out soul winning with the church. I knocked on doors with the pastor and my wife with the pastors wife. I was able to present the Gospel to a Spanish lady named Mariam, but she is not ready to trust Christ as her Saviour. She was interested but still has her doubts, I am praying that she will visit the church and trust Christ as her Saviour. My wife and the pastors wife were both able to lead some one to Christ while out door knocking. The pastor also led a young man to Christ who has been attending his church already but was unsure about his salvation. Praise God for good decisions this week. We head to Michigan next!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment