Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Great Start for Michigan Run


Dr. Mike Cox and Pastor Bobby Toler
After being in Indiana we then headed Saturday afternoon to Grass Lake, Michigan for a missions conference at Harvest Baptist Church. Pastor Bobby Toler has been here for 23 years and is retiring later this month. Dr. Mike Cox is his missions director and is also the head of Global Outreach which acts as a mission board and a ministry of helps to missionaries. I originally met Dr. Cox at Iglesia Bautista Libertad in Houston, Texas during their missions conference last November. He was one of the guest speakers for that conference. 

On Saturday night at the hotel my wife had struck up a conversation with the two ladies working behind the desk at the hotel. My wife gave them an invitation to church for Sunday. They were going to have to work, but my wife decided to witness to them. One was a Jehovah's "false" Witness and quickly was disinterested. The other was a Filipina lady named Marlin who has lived in America 12 years. She was shocked when my wife told her we have been to the Philippines. She told my wife that she didn't know where she would go when she dies. However, the place became busy with customers and my wife had to just leave her a tract to read. 

On Sunday, I taught the adult Sunday school while Dr. Cox preached the morning service. They had a international dinner at lunch time. The ladies did such a wonderful job decorating the tables of the different countries. Then that afternoon at the hotel my wife saw Marlin and the place was totally dead without even another car in the parking lot. My wife asked her if she read the tract. She said she did and even looked up some things in her Bible at home. However, she told my wife she wasn't sure she understood everything. So my wife took 15 minutes to explain all the verses to Marlin very thoroughly. Then Marlin bowed her head and trusted Christ as her Saviour! Praise God for another soul coming to the Saviour!!! We love all souls of course, but we get very excited at the opportunity to lead another Asian to Christ. This part of the world is where God has placed my heart.

Marlin after she trusted Christ as her Saviour!
Sunday night I preached the evening message as hearts seemed stirred for missions. Then Monday morning there was a men's breakfast where I was to give my testimony about many different decisions made throughout my life. It was a good time and I believe all the men that came enjoyed themselves. Then I presented our ministry in the evening service. 

Tuesday the pastor took the missionaries to Men's Wearhouse and bought them all new suits. (What a blessing!) Then Tuesday night I preached a message called "Set Sail with Missions" and many came forward to the altar. Then Dr. Cox finished the conference up Wednesday night with a great message. We were all stirred! Pray for us as we travel farther north in Michigan now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment