Monday, September 24, 2018

Staying Busy During a Pause

While returning from a meeting in California and getting ready to take to the road until Thanksgiving, I had a one week pause. It worked well for me because I needed to get some emergency dental work done. My favorite thing to do! Haha! Going to the dentist twice in a week and having teeth pulled... great fun. While here we were busy working for the Lord going out soul winning last Thursday night and visiting the Karen route on Saturday. 

Getting ready to witness to a Buddhist
Not all soul winning stories end happily. This was my wife and Paw from our church talking to Pah about where she would go when she dies. Pah is a Buddhist lady and she said she doesn't know where she will go when she dies. She stated that she doesn't know if her Buddhist beliefs can get her to Heaven or Not. However, after hearing my wife talked to her about the Gospel she doesn't believe that Christ can get her to Heaven either. It is sad to me because my great burden in my heart is to see these Buddhist Asians come to the Saviour. Our city is full of them and our church works every week to try and reach them as well as all the other lost of our city. So whenever we are around our home church you will often find us out witnessing to these folks as much as I can! It has become my purpose in life... to break through the Buddhist stronghold on Southeast Asia!!!

Our Pastor Preaching
Our church had a church planter named Brother Kennard here this weekend and he taught in Sunday school and preached the evening service. However, our pastor preached the morning service and used a boy from Sudan for a preaching illustration. This boy and his family were reached by my wife and I back in 2009. His mother was saved out of the Islamic faith, I will leave their names out for safety reasons. I was thinking what a blessing it is to see the fruit of your labor many years later. God is sure good!

Shun Nan Tun and little Tam Sue
After the morning services let out it was good to catch up with some of our old converts and friends. My wife was talking to Shun Nan Tun. Her and her husband and family were led to Christ by my wife and I in 2014. They loved my wife so much that they named their third child after my wife. My wife's name is Tamara Sue, but I often call her Tam Sue. They liked that name so they named their daughter after her. Once again it is a blessing to see the fruit of your past labors.

Maggie and my wife
Sunday afternoon we ate at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. The owner is named Maggie and she has become a good friend of ours. My wife has been burdened for her soul and previously took her out to another restaurant on her day off to present the Gospel to her. She has not accepted Christ, but we are praying for her. This past Sunday we were able to line up her daughter to start riding the church bus at our home church starting next week. My wife also gave her a booklet this Sunday that tells about the hidden message found in the Chinese letters. The Gospel is found in those letters. Please pray that she will receive Christ as her Saviour. Also, pray that her daughter riding the church bus can be another avenue to reaching this Chinese family for Christ. We will be heading to Colorado Springs for a missions conference later this week and then heading back East for many meetings the following week.       

No comments:

Post a Comment