Monday, September 17, 2018

From Grand Junction, Colorado to El Cerrito, California

Pastor Tom Barlament
This past Wednesday we were at Landmark Baptist Church in Grand Junction, Colorado. Pastor Tom Barlament started this church 17 years ago and has done an incredible job. Their facilities are unbelievable and they are getting ready to expand with a new auditorium soon. Pastor Barlament has done a fantastic job reaching families for Christ. I was able to present that night and preach the evening message. I also met Fidel Villarreal who has been faithfully coming to the church. He told me he was a former convert of Pastor Matt Miller who is at Grace Baptist Church in Colorado Springs and use to pastor a church in Grand Junction many, many years ago. It is a great testimony to see some fruit that remains all these years later from Pastor Miller's ministry.

Fidel Villarreal
Then this weekend we were at Arlington Baptist Church in El Cerrito, California. We arrived on Friday and were able to eat dinner with the pastor and his family on Friday night. We really enjoyed the fellowship with them. Then on Saturday we went soul winning with their missions director Brother Horace Dunkley. I was able to see two souls come to the Saviour, Brother Dunkley one and my wife one while we were out knocking doors for several hours. We had a great time fellowshipping as we went and telling folks about Jesus in sunny California.

Missions Director Dunkley
Then on Sunday morning we arrived at the church early and I ran into Brother Raymundo Vidaure. He went to Bible college with my son (and pastor) at Texas Baptist College and was the best man in my son's wedding back in 2014. My wife and I enjoyed getting to visit with him. He is the youth director at the church here in El Cerrito.

Brother Raymundo
I taught the adult Sunday school class and presented our mission in the morning service. We enjoyed listening to Pastor David Callaghan preach the morning message. Pastor Callaghan took over for his father back in the Summer of 2017. He is doing a fantastic job and the church really has a solid base of young adults. There is great potential in this church and I believe they are getting ready to really do some great things. The music was fantastic in both the morning and the evening service. I also preached the evening service and considered it a great honor to do so. Please pray for us as our next stop on the deputation trail will be in the Colorado area.

Pastor Callaghan and his wife

No comments:

Post a Comment