Tuesday, May 22, 2018

From Gainesville to Houston the Lord is Blessing


Pastor Vera

God was very good to us last week as we travelled to Iglesia Bautista Fundamental in Gainesville, TX. I was able to spend some time with Pastor Omar Vera and enjoyed getting to know him. I presented to his church Wednesday night and preached the service. The invitation went well and the people seemed stirred. He also had two visiting pastors in his service from Mexico. I preached chapel the following morning to his Christian school and that seemed to go very well. The pastor informed me at breakfast the next morning that the church is going to partner with us for souls in Thailand. Praise the Lord!


Pastor Joel Lara (left)

Then we travelled to Houston to spend the weekend with Iglesia Bautista Antioquia. Pastor Joel Lara has been a faithful man of God there for eight years. Serving faithfully with his son Tony by his side. We went soul winning with them for several hours on Saturday in the heat. God really blessed our efforts as people were brought to the Saviour. That makes it worth the sweating!!! Then on Sunday he had me teach the adult Sunday school and my wife filled in for one of the children's Sunday school teachers. She was able to present the plan of salvation and couple of 11 year old boys that are new bus riders trusted Christ as their Saviour.

I presented my mission in the morning service and preached. The invitation had many people coming forward. I then came back and preached the evening service. God blessed and we enjoyed the fellowship. I also got to meet Javier Gamez and his wife who are missionaries to Ecuador. They are helping Pastor Lara while in between meetings. They have a real heart for souls! The pastor also told me that they are going to start partnering with us! Praise the Lord! Two new partners in one week, God is so good to us. Pray for us to get to Thailand in the Indochina area that we might be a light in that dark part of the world!   

No comments:

Post a Comment