Thursday, January 25, 2018

Running Into an Old Bus Rider

I came up out of Texas to Hutchinson, Kansas for a missions emphasis Sunday. It was a great time at Pastor Richard Haley's church, Riverside Baptist Church. I enjoyed soul winning on Saturday, being able to see several trust Christ. Then I taught Sunday school and preached the morning service on Sunday. We had soul winning in the afternoon and then I preached the evening service. Pastor Haley told me I was going to be supported, so I praise the Lord for that. I am excited about what God is doing in their church. I can see the hand of God getting ready to do some incredible things with their ministry.
Pastor Haley
Then we headed back to Texas and dropped into Parkside Baptist Church in Mesquite, Texas. Pastor Mike Wells was out that night, but had his men take excellent care of our family. I greatly appreciated all the hospitality from Brother Butler their missions director and also from the rest of the staff. They had me give a testimony and show our video. Parkside Baptist actually already supports us every month, but I had not been there in person yet. It was a great opportunity for us to meet some of the folks. God is doing a fantastic job through this church. 

While I was there I ran into Flandro, one of my old bus riders from when I was in Bible college at the Longview Baptist Temple. I used to bring Flandro to every service from Marshall, Texas. In fact he would even come out and visit the bus route on Saturday's with me sometimes. It was great see him and I was glad that since he has now moved to the Mesquite area that this church is bringing him into their services. Praise the Lord for a bus ministry minded church! Please pray for our meetings this weekend as we are excited about trying to be a blessing to some more pastors and churches.
Bro. Butler

Flandro

No comments:

Post a Comment