Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Finding Burmese Refugees in Every Nook and Cranny

Kyin and her boys
Bawi and his family
Pastor Brown and his wife
I recently had to opportunity to visit the most fantastic church in Washington, Iowa. The Marion Avenue Baptist Church led by Pastor Joseph Brown has the most wonderful missions emphasis in their church. I am not sure I have seen many like it.

While there someone in the church mentioned to me that there were a couple hundred Burmese living in a small town about 20 miles away. So I arranged through the church to find someone who could show me where these people lived. On Saturday Brother Sosa took me and my wife soul winning to them. We were able to sit down and present the Gospel to multiple households and several were saved. In fact Kyin and her two sons even came to church on Saturday night.

I want to give a special thanks to Marion Avenue for all their hospitality. Also, Pastor Brown and his wife for all their effort into this special weekend. Of course the Fear family did a tremendous job hosting us and I am also appreciative to the Sosa family for allowing us to go soul winning with them and having us to their home. So many others should be mentioned here as well, but time will not allow me to list them all. Please pray for us as we move forward with our mission for the souls of Southeast Asia.  
Brother Sosa and wife

No comments:

Post a Comment