Monday, August 19, 2019

Back in the Lone Star State Again

Pastor John Yow
Our first stop in Texas was at Gospel Light Baptist Church in Mount Pleasant, Texas. Pastor Yow has been here a little over a year and the church is a newer church plant still meeting in a hotel room. However, they are praying about a particular building in the town to purchase and he and I spent some time early Saturday morning praying over that building. 

Debbie and I out door knocking
About mid morning we went out and pounded doors for almost two hours in the good ol' Texas heat. I started out with my daughter Debbie and then later Pastor Yow and I went to together. We spoke to a lot of people and knocked a lot of doors. We found a few interested in coming, but no solid commitments for the next day.
Lydia at church on Sunday
Later that afternoon while out visiting with Pastor Yow I was able to meet Lydia who is a neighbor of some of Pastor Yow's church members. Lydia wasn't currently attending church anywhere and did not have a clear testimony of salvation. So I was able to go over God's plan of salvation with her and she decided to bow her head and ask Christ to save her soul! Lydia committed to come to church the next day, which she followed through on. She also came forward and made a public profession of faith in Christ. Pastor Yow announced that he would be visiting with Lydia about baptism the following week. Please pray for her to continue to come and grow in God's grace! 
Preaching at Gospel Light Baptist Church
On Sunday, I preached the morning service and hearts seemed stirred as some came forward at the invitation time. There was a luncheon to follow and then an afternoon service at 1:30 PM. I presented our ministry in the afternoon service and preached a message. Many seemed fired up for missions! Please pray for Pastor Yow as he is doing a fantastic job in Mount Pleasant. He has just recently bought a house and he and his wife are completely committed to claiming this town for Christ. 
Brother Andrew McClain
After the service ended around 3 PM, we took off and headed for Irving, Texas for an evening service. I went to Fellowship Baptist Church and was met by Brother Andrew McClain a faithful laymen to Pastor Carl Carlson. He informed me that Pastor Carlson was sick this evening and unable to make it to the service. I was sorry to hear that as Pastor Carlson is a friend I was looking forward to seeing that evening. Pastor Carlson has faithfully led this church for over 18 years. In fact their church supported me for a year when we started Lincoln Baptist Church in Lincoln, Nebraska back in 2002. Brother McClain even remembered me coming and going soul winning with him back in 2001. Wow, how the years go so quickly... it is great to see a faithful man still here faithful serving God all these years in the same church, lifting up the arms of the man of God.
Preaching Sunday night
That evening I gave testimony about Thailand and the work we plan on doing there. I also preached the message that evening. God seemed to move as the crowd was very responsive to my preaching... evidence of a well trained group of believers! At the invitation time the altars filled up and I felt like God had really moved. We enjoyed visiting with many of the folks after the service and even had a couple visit with us about a trip they are planning to take to Thailand next year. Pray for us as we will be continue on in the Lone Star state.   

No comments:

Post a Comment