Monday, January 21, 2019

From Spring Creek to North Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Pastor Jason Watford
We traveled from New Bern to Spring Creek Baptist Church in Seven Springs for a Wednesday night meeting. This church has been led by Pastor Jason Watford for almost 6 years. The pastor is doing a great job as the church had 149 in attendance that evening, there were 20 folks in this church when he became the pastor. God is blessing this church. 

They were preparing for a big day the following Sunday. (It ended up being a big day as the church had 442 people in attendance and 6 folks walk the aisle and trust Christ as their Saviour! Praise the Lord!) On that Wednesday evening I was able to give testimony and present our video, then the pastor gave a good Bible study that we enjoyed.

Miss Sarah Smith
While there we saw Miss Sarah Smith whom we have known for a long time. She was a little girl when I went to Bible college in Longview, Texas. She even attended Bible college with my son when he went there.  Then one year when I was teaching an online class for the college there she was one of my students. It was good to see her again and my wife and I both enjoyed visiting with her after the service. She is on staff at this church and involved in several ministries. Always nice to see a familiar face when so far away from home! Please pray the Lord will use her here in this church.

Pastor Ernesto Andrade and his family
From Seven Springs we traveled to North Wilkesboro to spend the weekend with Iglesia Bautista Gracia. This church is led by Pastor Ernesto Andrade who started it four years ago. We attended a Friday night cottage type prayer meeting where I led a devotional and then we prayed for the church and the people. Meeting lasted about 2 1/2 hours, it was a really great spirit.

Then Saturday we went soul winning. It was raining all day, but we took umbrellas and knocked doors anyway. My wife went with the pastor's wife and I went with the pastor. We went to a Spanish area and the pastor spoke to most of the people. I was able to take an American lady through the entire plan of salvation, but she claimed she had been previously saved before. We then attended a birthday party of a church member that evening.

Party in Full Swing
Then on Sunday I taught the Sunday school lesson and gave my testimony. I showed my video in the morning service and preached the message. Hearts were stirred for missions and the altars were full at the invitation time. After the service there was a church wide meal in the basement. Then I preached the Sunday night service. After the service we ate with the pastor's family and Brother Jordan and his wife Juliet. His wife is from Honduras. Brother Jordan is a highway patrolman for the state of North Carolina. They are a nice young couple in this church, please pray for their spiritual growth as I am sure the Lord can greatly use them here in this ministry. Also, pray for us as our next meeting is in Rockwell, North Carolina. One more bit of good news is that the Beacon Baptist Church in Raleigh called me on Monday to tell me they are taking us on for support starting immediately. That is a tremendous blessing!

Brother Jordan and his wife Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment