Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Great Conference Out in the Hills of Parkersburg, WV

Bro. Steve Heindriech and Pastor Mike Lamb
My daughter Rachel had surgery on Tuesday morning and it went well, so my wife and I flew out to West Virginia on Wednesday to be with the Landmark Baptist Church in Parkersburg, WV for their missions conference. Pastor Mike Lamb has been the pastor there for 31 years. He has been a faithful man of God and God has really used him to build a great church. Dr. Steve Heindriech (former missionary to the Philippines) was the guest speaker for the conference and he preached fantastic messages each night. Even though he wasn't feeling his best, he gave a full effort each night! God really used him to stir hearts!

My soul winning partner Willy
On Thursday morning we went soul winning on the bus. The pastor dropped us off in different areas and came back to pick us up after about an hour and 45 minutes. I went with a young man in their church named Willy. We had a great time witnessing and and talking to many people. It was almost time to be done when a young lady walked by named Morgan. I invited her to church and talked to her for a few minutes. She told us she was going to be having a baby and has been thinking about God and church lately. She said that she wasn't raised in church, but she wanted to raise her child in church. Our conversation then turned to her eternal destination. She said she wanted to go to Heaven, but didn't know if she could make it or not. I then took time to show her God's map to Heaven from my New Testament and she bowed her head and trusted Christ as her Saviour! Praise God!

Brother John Corbitt
 After soul winning Brother Morgan Corbitt took my wife and I out to lunch. His parents joined us. His mom had been my wife's soul winning partner that morning and his dad was able to come from work. John Corbitt is a police officer in the city there and is also the song leader at the church. Praise God for good laymen who serve God and also serve their community as well. His son Morgan asked us to go out on his bus route on Saturday, so we did. I went with him visiting on Saturday and my wife went with Miss Jessica the bus captain. While out I met a man named Shawn who lives in Dayton, OH. He was just visiting at one of the bus kid houses and I had an opportunity to witness to him. He bowed his head and trusted Christ as his Saviour after I showed him God's map to Heaven. Praise God for another sinner coming to the Saviour!
Brother Morgan Corbitt
Saturday evening they had a international dinner. The food was fabulous and after we ate the missionaries gave their presentations. Seven presentations in a row really stirs hearts for the great need of this lost world! I was moved as I watched the other presentations. We have a job to do to get the Gospel to this world! I forgot to mention that my wife and I were staying with the pastor's parents Kent and Lavaun Lamb. We thank them for how generous they were while we stayed with them.

Kent and Lavaun Lamb
 On Sunday morning we road the bus and we had a chance to talk to the kids about Thailand. It was a great time and we really enjoyed meeting all the kids and the workers that work with them. They have four bus routes at this church and they do a fantastic job of reaching out their community. Pastor Lamb and the church have been reaching out to this community for many years. It has been effective at reaching them one by one in this community. My wife and I have been in some great churches across this nation and we were just as impressed with this church as any of them. Great spirit and attitude among the people, you can tell they really love the Lord. God is using this church! 

My wife on the bus
Almost everyone who was there on Sunday morning was back for Sunday night with the exception of the bus riders. In fact I even saw a few of them there Sunday night. I was amazed at how full the services were every evening. We enjoyed the missions emphasis that is in the church. As we travel one thing I find is the churches that seem to be greatly blessed the most are ones that have a strong missions program. Sunday evening service was a fantastic finish to the conference. Brother Heindriech preached his testimony and hearts were stirred. Pastor Lamb called the trio back up after the invitation to sing the special again, it was very heart stirring. He made a passionate plea for the Faith Promise commitments and then they baptized one person. It was a great finish to a great conference. We headed back to Lincoln on Monday and will be taking off for Arkansas to be there on Wednesday night and then to Texas by this weekend. Please pray for travelling mercies for us. We keep a busy pace but are looking forward to a week off around Thanksgiving to help us recharge for the road again!      

No comments:

Post a Comment