Thursday, March 22, 2018

Meetings in Illinois and Indiana

Di Di after he got saved.
Pastor Moncofsky
Missions Director Bruce Enlow
This past week we had an opportunity to drive from Minnesota back to Lincoln to see our newest grandson who was born on March 12, 2018. While there my son (our pastor) asked me to teach the Wednesday night Bible study. It was an honor to teach the people that I had been the pastor of for so long. Many who are personal converts of my wife and myself. We also went out soul winning and met Di Di who  use to live in Thailand. I had the opportunity to lead Di Di to Christ. He works a lot of Sunday's, but is supposed to come to church in the near future.

We then stopped in the Marion Avenue Baptist Church in Washington, IA on Sunday morning. It was a privilege to visit Brother Abe Koehn's Sunday school class and to listen to Pastor Joseph Brown preach. The church already supports us. The Pastor had me get up and give a testimony. I am also thankful for them putting us up on Saturday night and feeding us a meal.

We then had the opportunity to visit Pastor Jason Moncosky's church in Quincy, IL. (Grace Baptist Church) He has a good group of folks and we felt warmly welcomed. They have faced a difficult time recently but I truly believe the Lord is going to use this church to do some great things in this community. God has already blessed them with some fantastic property. I was honored to present my ministry and be able to preach to them.

Then Wednesday night we visited Pastor Todd Poynter's church in Greenwood, IN. (Greenwood Bible Baptist Church) It was a privilege to meet Pastor Poynter and his dear people. His name is very similar sounding to mine and while on deputation I have actually been introduced by that name a couple of times because the pastors confused the name. (They are pastors who know him.) Pastor Poynter started this church 23 years ago and they have the most beautiful buildings that they have built themselves. This church is doing a great job impacting this area. I enjoyed visiting with everyone especially their missions director Brother Bruce Enlow. The pastor asked me to give my testimony going all the way back to when I was a deputy sheriff and the Lord called me out of that line of work and into the ministry. God is blessing our deputation. Please pray for us as we head to a missions conference at First Baptist Church in Hammond, IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment