Thursday, February 15, 2018

Pescadores de Hombres



My wife and Evyan

We were at the Iglesia Bautista Monte De Las Olivas this past weekend in San Antonio, Texas. Pescadores de Hombres is a Spanish saying I learned from Pastor Ledesma. It means Fisher of Men. However, this past week we were actually more like "Fisher of Ladies", having lead several Spanish ladies to to Christ. One of the ladies was Evyan, who my wife met at a yard sale and was able to lead her to Christ. She was unable to come this past Sunday, but seemed interested in coming the following weekend.
Pastor Ledesma

We really enjoyed our time with Pastor Julio Cesar Ledesma. He has just become the pastor this past August. He had me show my video presentation and preach during the morning service. Then I spoke to the teens in the afternoon session and preached the evening service. Please pray for Pastor Ledesma. He is doing a great job, but he is following the footsteps of the previous pastor who was there for 61 years. That can seem like big shoes to fill, but I know he will do a great job.

Then on Wednesday night we were able to have a meeting with Pastor Francisco Martinez at the Iglesia Bautista El Calvario in Celina, Texas. It was a great time as I was able to give my testimony, show my video, and preach the service. We were blessed as the church decided to take us on for monthly support at the end of the service. It was very exciting to see such instant results. We were invited to the Sanchez family's house for food after the service and were able to really enjoy good food and fellowship. What a wonderful church! Please pray for us as we head toward Houston for the weekend. 
Pastor Martinez and his wife.
Sanchez family



No comments:

Post a Comment